1024 Third St
Alexandria, LA 71301
I am a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) and a homebirth midwife licensed by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners to practice midwifery in the state of Louisiana.
After working as a childbirth educator for 6 years, I choose to pursue my passion of midwifery care. I completed my midwifery training through a MEAC-accredited midwifery program, as well as hands-on, traditional education from midwives across the country and here in Louisiana.
My training meets ICM guidelines as described in the 2016 ACOG committee opinion 669, “Planned Homebirth”.
While I love ‘catching babies’, I most love the educational process of the midwifery model of care. I enjoy sharing information and supporting my clients in making their own informed decisions right for their family. I practice evidence-informed and culturally competent care.
Through the use of holistic methods and engaged, individualized care, I see women and their families thrive during the childbearing journey.
My special interests and education include gestational diabetes, homeopathy, herbs, and physical activity.
At my own home, I have a wonderful husband of 12 years and four daughters (yes, FOUR) that I homeschool. While I have experienced wonderful obstetrician care, all of my daughters were born with a midwife, three at home and two in the water. In am currently enrolled in the Masters program at Midwives College of Utah where I am integrating my Masters in Exercise Physiology to create evidence-informed standards of care for out of hospital midwives when counseling about physical activity during the prenatal period.
- Graduate from Midwives College of Utah, a MEAC-accredited midwifery school (2015)
- Currently enrolled in the graduate program in Midwifery Studies at the Midwives College of Utah
- Certified Professional Midwife (2015)
- Louisiana Licensed Midwife (2015)
- Other education: MS. Exercise Physiology from LSU (2006); BS. Exercise Science and Sports Medicine, University of Evansville (2001)
- Peer-review journal publications
- Certified in NRP, CPR
- Student Council, Midwives College of Utah
- President, Louisiana Midwives Association
Easily find Nicki’s recommendations:
WishGarden Morning Sickness remedy
Boiron 30c Arnica
Purchases made through the above links and search tool benefits the Louisiana Midwives Association with a small referral fee to offset operation costs. Thank you.